ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football The flawed logic of Mizzou fans (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=193374)

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2008 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5082953)
You say Bo Pelini sucks, yet Gary Pinkel was 9-14 during his first two seasons at Mizzou. Many Mizzou fans wanted him fired.

I agree with much of what you wrote, but this doesn't make any sense. Pinkel's road has NOTHING to do with Pelini's abilities, or lack thereof.

Honestly, in a post about logic, this has to stand out as the worst example.

You know, on second thought, I'm sure this is cathartic for you after last night. Disregard my post, if you wish.

DeezNutz 10-05-2008 07:07 PM

Is it fair to say that a team desperately craves a win when it pulls its starters at the start of the fourth?

Bearcat 10-05-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085514)
I get home and this thread has over 100 replies. It hit a nerve with somebody. The reason you Mizzou fans don't like it is because you know it's true. I didn't expect you to agree.

As far as Nebraska losing its tradition? Every powerhouse has gone through an extended tough period. Mizzou fans wouldn't know. Tradition can't be lost. For example, just because Notre Dame is losing doesn't mean their tradition is gone. Nebraska and Notre Dame are on similar levels historically.

The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose.

Mizzou fans don't worry about tradition because it will take them a long time to develop it.

Dude... Notre Dame has won 13 NCs to Nebraska's 5. Also, in regards to tradition, Notre Dame has won at least one NC in 7 different decades, spanning 70 years, with one 15 year gap.

Nebraska's 5 NCs are all within 2 decades, 2 back-to-back in the 70s and 3 in 4 years in the 90s, with a 23 year gap in between.

Quote:

The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose.
Notre Dame gets coverage all the freakin' time, and the only way Nebraska can get on national TV is if they play a good team like Mizzou. Even outside of NBC's contract, Notre Dame doesn't even have to do that.

Nebraska's more like Penn State (well, except that Penn State is good at the moment)... won a lot of games and they've have had their moments. Nothing wrong with that, but Nebraska is no Notre Dame.

Ugh, you made me see Notre Dame in a good light... now I need a shower.

Skip Towne 10-05-2008 07:24 PM

I read awhile back that, in order to schedule Notre Dame, you had to guarantee them 25% of the tickets in the stadium. They have a national following you see.

WilliamTheIrish 10-05-2008 07:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sam:

damaticous 10-05-2008 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 5082965)
even tho mizzou fans will never admit, this post is very true

I'm a Mizzou fan and agree with the above. Personally I believe that NFL KickAzz teams only last a few (at most, on average) seasons. How many seasons do a College Team KickAzzz?

To be completely honest I've only gotten interested in College the past few years because of MU.

with that being said, (as I was telling my significant other last night) how long will that last?

I hope the MU domination lasts longer than 5 years (in my heart), but (in my mind) I know the likely chance of that is slim.

Just like the NFL teams are really good for 4-5 years. then they suck for a while, then they get good again.

Personally, I'm thankful for MU. REason? It has piqued my interest in college football that has never been there before.

PastorMikH 10-05-2008 08:31 PM

Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

Skip Towne 10-05-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PastorMikH (Post 5086461)
Awww Sam, it will be OK, you are just in denial right now. This is the same way Tigers fans talked back in the late 70s when we were half a dozen years into a 30 year spiral downward just like you all are right now.

Don't worry, one day, granted it may be halfway through your lifetime, but Nebraska will get back to winning again. (maybe). But in the meantime, you can find some comfort in the fact that after about 15 years of losing you get used to it and it doesn't hurt quite as bad.

I agree but the NCAA no longer allows schools to "stockpile" players. The scholarship rules took care of that. Those rules were instigated mainly because of programs like Nebraska. It used to be that if Neb. found out KU wanted a kid they would sign him and bury him on the 5th string. Just to keep KU from getting him. The Nubs are pretty pathetic but football is all they have. Have you ever been to Nebraska?

The Bad Guy 10-05-2008 08:54 PM

This is the same moron that posted this gem last year.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=179024

Pitt Gorilla 10-05-2008 09:04 PM

In case you're interested in another point of view:

http://ajthoughts.blogspot.com/

Mosbonian 10-05-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085514)
The traditional powerhouses never leave the spotlight, win or lose..

Would that include Yale, Princeton and Harvard? How about Army like was suggested before.

Traditional Powerhouses come and go....there are only a select few that remain and Nebraska isn't one. The closest to a true traditional powerhouse in the Big 8/12 is Oklahoma.

mmaddog

Mosbonian 10-05-2008 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5085598)
As for me whining? You didn't see what I was saying all week. I thought Mizzou would win big. Nebraska will only win three more games this season.

Your early week predictions don't offset the posturing that you are doing right now...in fact you are looking like the BB player who thought the sun was in his eyes when he dropped the ball on the cloudy day.

mmaddog

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5086209)
Sam:

There is nothing you can say to me, K-Stater.

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 5085637)
My favorite part of this thread is where the bitter KU fan piggybacks on the sour grapes eating Nebraska fan to get a shot in at Mizzou. A thing of beauty.

You started this shit with this lame thread, and you're making yourself look silly throwing wild haymakers with these "tradition" and 'history" references. Nebraska got EMBARRASSED last night, and it wasn't even as close as the 52-17 shows. And we realize you're having a hard time dealing with not only that, but the realization that Nebraska has a long road to walk to get close to the "tradition" you are so holding on to. Have your "tradition"; remeber those teams. Me, I look forward to the tradition that is to come for Missouri.

Good luck after Daniel, Maclin and Coffman leave.

This season won't mean anything if OU beats you.

Sam Hall 10-06-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 5086081)
When I think of all time embarrassing threads I think of:Russ calling Hel'n's son's school.

I think of:Kotter's fake drunkenness.

Usually a poster only has one real doozy.

I think of An Open Letter To Bill Callahan.

And now this thread. Congrats Samwise, you've broken new ground.

you break new ground every time you post